It’s been an emotional week in our home. One filled with many lows and many highs. It’s fitting that next week is Thanksgiving because I have many blessings to be thankful for this year, including the continued gift of my recovery because it allowed me to be by my child’s side while they navigate through their own tough journey. My heart swells with pride at the smart choices they are making to avoid going down the path that I did at their age. That kid is one smart cookie! So while I’d love for my child not to have to go through this problem at all, I’m grateful they have the knowledge and tools to handle it properly.
On that note, here’s my Gratitude List:
- My Faith: Without it, I would’ve gone batshit crazy by now. God knows how to keep me reminding me that, “Everything is going to be okay.”
- My Children: They inspire me and encourage me to keep improving my life.
- My Husband: He also inspires me and continues to be my biggest cheerleader.
- My Health: While my migraines are still a weekly occurrence, things could be far worse.
- My Recovery: It changed my life. While I’m still the same ol’ me at heart, I’m no longer a broken mess. Everyone around me benefits from it.
- My Job: It’s nothing fancy or even pays well, but it gets me out of the house and they understand I have a disease. They truly get it. And that rocks.
- Writing: I love to do it. I’ll never be rich or famous. That’s not my goal. I do it to help people and I hope in some small way I do.
- Volunteering: It does my heart good to give back what was so freely given to me. It’s a good reminder of where I came from and where I can so easily return.
- My Home: Not just the house itself but all that we have. The ability to have a home, food on the table, and clothes on our back. We don’t live in luxury, but we live above the poverty line and I didn’t always have the ability to say that.
- The Beach: Does this really need an explanation? It’s the sun and sand!
What are you grateful for? Are you celebrating Thanksgiving?
(Scheduling Note: I won't be posting next week because I'll be stuffing my face full of food.)